Welcome to the BlackVue Downloads page
Thank you for choosing BlackVue.
You will find on this page all the latest firmware, PC and mobile applications, as well as the manuals for your products.
Firmware Upgrade Guide
[Why upgrade your dashcam’s firmware?]
Firmware upgrades may add functionalities to your dashcam, and/or improve its performance.
[How to upgrade?]
?Using an iOS or Android device: download the BlackVue App (see links further below).
?Using a Windows or Mac OS computer: follow the steps below.
1. Access the BlackVue homepage(www.blackvue.com) from your computer browser.
2. Download the latest firmware for your model from the DOWNLOADS page (this page).
3. Unzip the downloaded firmware (Zip file).
4. Insert the BlackVue SD card in your PC and format the card.
5. Copy the BlackVue folder to the SD card.
6. Insert the SD card in your BlackVue dashcam and turn the power on to apply the upgrade.
7. The dashcam will reboot automatically after applying the upgrade, and start recording.
1. Please backup the necessary files before formatting the SD card.
2. The SD card must be formatted in FAT32 format. If you format the card from the Viewer, it will be formatted automatically in FAT32.
3. After the firmware upgrade, please use the latest version of the BlackVue Viewer and/or App.
4. After firmware upgrade Wi-Fi login information will be reinitialized. To connect using the BlackVue App, use the default password “blackvue“.
5. MicroSD Card support: DR650GW Series models support up to 128GB cards, and DR750LW-2CH supports up to 64GB cards, with a few caveats:
a. Compatibility is guaranteed only with the official BlackVue microSD cards.
b. In case your card is an SDXC model, formatting directly from the BlackVue will cause it to become unreadable on Mac OS computers.
Formatting the card from the PC Viewer for Mac or Windows will prevent this issue.